Many types of projects may require a buiding permit or a certificate of authorization.
We advise you to contact the Town Planning, Environment, and Development Department before beginning any work project in order to get information about permits, certificates and bylaws.
- the construction of a new building
- the transformation, renovation or expansion of an existing building
- the addition of accessory structure of more than 5m2 (such as shed, garages..)
- moving or tearing down a building
- change of use of a buiding
- installation, relocation, alteration, or modification of a sign
- soil excavation backfill operations, and parking
- works on shorelines and coastlines of waterways
- building a fence, hedge, wall...etc.
- septic tank repair, installation