TO ALL INTERESTED PERSONS WHO ARE ENTITLED TO SIGN
AN APPLICATION TO TAKE PART TO A REFERENDUM
Second draft of resolution number 23-07-009
(Adopted on July 10, 2023)
Specific construction, alteration, or occupancy
proposal for an immovable (PPCMOI) -
NOTICE is hereby given that, following the public consultation meeting which was held on July 5, 2023, the municipal Council of "Ville de Gaspé" has accepted by resolution, on July 10, 2023, a second draft of resolution number 23-07-009 for specific construction, alteration, or occupancy proposal for an immovable PPCMOI 1444-21-003. This second draft contains provisions that may be subject to an application made by interested persons from anyone of the zones to wich some provisions apply and the contiguous zones, to require that a resolution containing these be submitted for their approval, in accordance with the Act respecting elections and referendum in municipalities.
1. PURPOSE OF AN APPLICATION TO TAKE PART TO A REFERENDUM
This second draft resolution was adopted within the framework of By-law 1444-21 on specific construction, alteration, or occupancy proposal for an immovable (PPCMOI) and aims to authorize the construction of a multi-family dwelling with 13 dwellings, 3 floors and additional elements on lots 3 147 188 and 3 409 431 (lot having a width of 15.23 meters), Quebec cadastre, located in zone HC-228, while the specification grid for zone HC-228 of Zoning By-law no 1156-11 stipulates a maximum of 8 dwellings and 2 storeys and that article 5.3 C) of Land division By-law no 1157- 11 stipulates a minimum lot width of 24 metres.
Such an application is required that the draft resolution containing the provision to which it applies be submitted for the approval of the qualified voters in the zone to which applies this application, and in any contiguous zone from which a valid application originates. However, any contiguous zone who has made an application will participate at the referendum approval only if the application also originates of the zone to which it is contiguous.
2. LOCALIZATION OF THE CONCERNED ZONES
The project is located in zone HC-228 and is identified in darker gray on the following sketch:
3. VALIDITY OF AN APPLICATION
To be valid, an application to take part to a referendum must:
- state clearly the provision of the second draft to which the application refers;
- indicate the zone from which the application originates;
- be signed by at least 12 interested persons of the zone from which it originates, if there are more than 21 interested persons in that zone, or, otherwise, by the majority of the interested persons;
- be received by the Town clerk office at the town hall no later than August 18, 2023, 4:30 pm.
4. INTERESTED PERSONS WHO ARE ENTITLED TO SIGN AN APPLICATION
An interested person is a person of full age, Canadian citizen and not under curatorship who, on the date of adoption of the second draft, which is July 10, 2023, is not disqualified from voting and meets one of the following requirements:
- is domiciled in a zone from which an application may originate and who has been domiciled in Québec for at least 6 months;
- is the owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business place situated on such a zone since 12 months at least.
- LACK OF APPLICATIONS
Should there be no valid applications relating to the provisions of the second draft, the said provisions may be then included in a resolution which will not have to be submitted for the approval of the qualified voters.
6. CONSULTATION OF THE DRAFT
The second draft of resolution is available, in French, for consultation in the document also attached to this notice.
We recommend you consult the Service de l’Urbanisme to verify in which area your building is situated.
Given in Gaspé, August 10, 2023
Director of legal services and town clerk